Inglewood - Before & After
This Calgary home in the community of Inglewood had undergone a major renovation including a new deck.
The primary design criterion for this property was:
Design & install a gas fireplace on the detached garage façade.
Replace the existing landscaping with patio and mixed borders of hardy perennials and shrubs
Keep the existing large maple tree and smaller crabapple tree
Address drainage – backyard is very flat.
Placing the fireplace against the garage creates a focal point from the home as well as a functional, warm place to gather in the daytime or cooler evenings.
To accomplish this we:
- Used both 2D and 3D designs to communicate to the client the intended final product.
- Excavated and regraded the site for optimum drainage
- Installed a gas fired fireplace with cultured stone finish and mantle against the garage
- Installed a new paver patio
- Planted site suitable hardy plant materials